Search This Blog

Thursday, November 16, 2017

It’s been a while since I blogged, but…

AP kids are loving the Chromebooks.  Although they can't take them home yet, we’re using them in class every day.  A week or so ago, I gave a quiz in Google Forms.  Before the kids left the room less than 45 minutes later, I was able to return their quiz scores and record the scores in E-school.  Amazing.

I’m also able to do more detailed analysis of their work, in less time (even in real time), and then provide feedback more quickly and efficiently.  With apps like Actively Learn, for example, there’s a real back and forth that wasn’t possible or practical using paper.  

I’ve also started using Google Classroom on a daily basis (for all my classes).  Each day, I post a short description of what’s going on in class, and attach any relevant docs, notes or links.   When a student is absent, they’re able to go into Classroom to see (and complete) what they’ve missed--much more efficient than waiting until they return to track me down for work.  

Streamlines my routine also:  saves me having to remember what we did three days ago, and then dig up the corresponding assignments / notes, etc.

I’m also able to return scored assignments through Classroom.  Same advantages… Students get results sooner, not a day (or more) down the road.  Less class time spent returning papers, etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK IN BLOG

Since last post, the class has been able to bring their Chromebooks home and use them at anytime.  We've become accustomed to using them...